Hello my dashing readers!
On my last blog post, I wrote about my top 5 essential oils for Yin constitution types. Now I will be sharing with you my favorites for Yang constitution types. Yang in traditional Chinese medicine means masculine, hot, sun, expanding, dry and the color black. As you would expect, the complete opposite of Yin is feminine, cold, moon, contracting and wet. There are many more characteristics of both, but these are the fundamental basics. So you’ll notice that many of these essential oils are favorites among male users.
- Melaleuca provides cooling relief for hot, itchy skin conditions. It’s also a great natural alternative for minimizing acne than its chemical cousin benzoyl peroxide. Red and inflamed skin conditions are classic manifestations of excessive heat expanding up and out, and thus appears on the skin.
- Lemon is very moistening and cooling, perfect for the hot and dry qualities of Yang constitution types. It’s refreshingly clean scent will definitely be delightful in a cup of water. Add real lemon juice for extra cooling hydration.
- Peppermint is a great one for Yang types, especially during the summer. Use this on areas that sweat most for instant and lasting freshness, just be sure to dilute since this can cause skin sensitivity, especially for Yang constitution types. This essential oil is also fantastic internally for fiery digestive issues like diarrhea.
- Juniper Berry supports healthy kidney function which are responsible for all the water production in the body. Water is super important for balancing Yang constitutions because it helps to regulate heat. This essential oil also works especially well for people with blue eyes and for skin.
- White Fir are coniferous trees that grow in cold, snowy regions. It’s quite easy to see how Yang constitution types would enjoy a region like this because it balances excessive heat. Excess heat is also known to make you feel lethargic, on the contrary, white fir helps to empower you and boost energy.